SDDC Annual Freedom Awards
Every year SDDC members, friends, and allies come together for
an evening of celebration and acknowledgment. This year is no exception.
The Annual SDDC Freedom Awards is not to be missed.
This year’s Keynote speaker: Steve Hildebrand, an openly gay man who was the dynamic National Deputy Campaign Manager of now-President Obama’s game-changing field campaign.
2009 SDDC Freedom Awards Saturday, August 22 San Diego Art Institute
1439 El Prado in Balboa Park (map)
Program 7:00 pm
So buy your tickets today! Pre-event ticket prices expire on August 20!
The SD Art Institute is an engaging and stimulating venue for local and national artists and for invigorating events such as The SDDC Freedom Awards.
• Delicious dining at multiple food stations and passed hors d’oeuvres • A choice of beverages • Plenty of comfortable seating
• Great conversation and an inspirational program
Tickets: $65 general admission ($75 after Aug 20 and at the door!)
Special pricing for SDDC Upper Level Members:
• Patrons will receive two free tickets – email VPDevelopment at sddcdemoclub dot org
• Sponsoring members receive one free ticket – (email above)
• Sustaining members: $32.50 (half-off discount – $37.50 after Aug 20 and at the door)
The annual Freedom Awards also recognizes outstanding service to the local (and beyond) LGBT Democratic community. This year’s SDDC Freedom Award recipients are:
• A. Brad Truax Human Rights Award: The Honorable Bob Filner, Congressman 51st District
• J. Douglas Scott Award for Political Action: Andrea Villa
• Gloria Steinem Award for Communication: Ashley Walker, San Diego Human Relations Commission ED
• Eleanor Roosevelt Award for Community Action: Greater San Diego Business Association (GSDBA)
• R. Steven Pope Award for Volunteerism: Mark Gabrish Conlan
… and the Super Secret President’s Award!
Buy your tickets now!
Get Involved! SDDC meets on the 4th Thursday of each month (except for November and December) beginning at 6:30 p.m. (social time) and program at 7:00 p.m.
Location: Joyce Beers Community Center (map) in Hillcrest on Vermont Street, 2 blocks north of University Avenue in the Uptown District Shopping Center in Hillcrest. (across the street from Trader Joe’s)
Questions? Comments? Contact us at , telephone us at (858) 496-3312, or write us at PO Box 33050, San Diego, CA 92163.
Click to join SDDC-WomensCaucus
Subscribe to DIRECT, the San Diego County Democratic Party’s weekly email newsletter which includes a calendar of events, items of interest to Democrats, clippings from the Net, and more.